Thank you for joining the flock at Audubon North Carolina’s 2023 Advocacy Day on March 22! Everyone in the Mountain region will meet with lawmakers on Zoom on March 22; everyone in the Piedmont, Sandhills, and Coastal Plain will meet with lawmakers in person in Raleigh on Wednesday, March 22.
Please complete these steps now to confirm your participation in Advocacy Day.
1. If this is your first time participating in Advocacy Day with Audubon, watch our First-Timers Webinar (password: K1L4D0.q). Optional for experienced advocates.
2. If you missed it live, watch our REQUIRED Advocacy Day Prep Webinar (password: V6vp3^E=). We covered tips and tricks for meeting with lawmakers, logistics for the big day, and the top line messages of our three priority issues—Native Plants, Conservation Trust Funds, and Heirs Property.
3. Register for your local delegation prep meeting organized by your local advocacy leader sometime between March 8-20. Local Advocacy Day leaders are scheduling these meetings now. We'll post registration links below and send you a notification when the meetings are scheduled.
- Wake, Johnston, Franklin counties led by Anne Wilkinson. Local prep meeting: 7:30-9 pm, March 13 on Zoom. Register here.
- Mecklenburg County and UNC Charlotte Audubon led by Hannah Partridge and Manisha Desai. Local prep meeting: 2-3 pm, March 12 at Vaulted Oak Brewing, 3726 Monroe Rd, Charlotte Register here.
- Forsyth, Stokes, Yadkin counties led by Kim Richmond. Local prep meeting: 6:30-7:30 pm, March 16 on Zoom. Register here.
- Guilford, Alamance counties led by Megan Damico. Local prep meeting: 11 am-12:30 pm, March 8 at Lawn Service, 208 N Davie St, Greensboro. Register here.
- Chatham, Durham, Orange counties virtual or in-person meeting – led by June Almenoff and Allen Kindman. Local prep meeting: 7-8:30 pm, March 13 on Zoom. Register here.
- Macon, Jackson, Transylvania counties led by Mary Freudenberg. Local prep meeting TBD
- Buncombe, Henderson counties led by Bonnie Snyder. Local prep meeting: 7-8:30 pm, March 16. Register here.
- Watauga, Avery, Alleghany, Ashe and Wilkes counties led by Debbie Shetterly. Local prep meeting TBD
- Brunswick, New Hanover counties led by Johanna Colburn Hamilton, Local prep meeting: 6-7 pm, March 16 on Zoom. Register here.
- Currituck, Dare counties led by Robbie and Pam Fearn, Local prep meeting TBD
Don’t see your county in this list? Reach out to Ben Graham at email@example.com.
4. Meet with lawmakers on Advocacy Day: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 in Raleigh (residents of the Piedmont, Sandhills, and Coastal Plain regions) or on Zoom (residents of the Mountain region). Keep your calendar open from 8 to 5 on March 22 because lawmakers often don't commit to meeting times until the week of Advocacy Day.
Questions? Reach out to Ben Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local delegation leader.