Join Audubon’s bird experts for a LIVE virtual tour of our state's abundant bird life in spring, including video of rowdy flocks of nesting Brown Pelicans (recorded the day before the state’s stay-home order) and singing songbirds in the mountains. We’ll even discover the birds nesting in our backyards, including a pair of Barred Owls.
As we all hunker down at home, life goes on for these birds. Let the bird song of spring, and squawking pelicans, lift your spirits and remind us all that the world continues outside our windows.
Virtual Field Trip details:
- What: Virtual Field Trip: Spring Bird Celebration
- When: 9-10:30 a.m., Saturday, April 18
- Who: Audubon North Carolina and you!
- Where: Facebook Live, at facebook.com/audubonnc.
- Mountains: Director of Conservation Curtis Smalling shows us singing songbirds in wetlands near Boone.
- Piedmont: Director of Engagement Kim Brand gives us an up-close look at the birds nesting in her backyard, from Carolina Wrens to Barred Owls.
- Coast: Coastal Biologist Lindsay Addison takes us on a tour of nesting pelicans in the Cape Fear River near Wilmington.