Thank you for joining the flock at Audubon North Carolina’s 2022 Advocacy Day on June 8! Everyone in the Mountain region will meet with lawmakers on Zoom on June 8; everyone in the Piedmont, Sandhills, and Coastal Plain will meet with lawmakers in person in Raleigh on Wednesday, June 8.
Please complete these steps now to confirm your participation in Advocacy Day.
1. Watch the recording of our First-Time Advocacy Day Participants Training Webinar on May 16. Required if it’s your first time participating in Advocacy Day with Audubon, optional for experienced advocates.
2. Register below for your local delegation prep meeting organized by your local advocacy leader sometime between May 24 & June 5 – click on the link that includes your county:
- Macon, Jackson, Transylvania counties led by Mary Freudenberg
- Buncombe, Henderson counties led by Nancy Casey
- Watauga County led by Debbie Shetterly
- Mecklenburg County led by Matthew Withrow
- Forsyth, Stokes, Yadkin counties led by Kim Richmond
- Guilford, Alamance counties led by Megan Damico
- Chatham, Durham, Orange counties virtual or in-person meeting – led by Megan Cherry and Lynn Nilssen
- Johnston, Wake counties led by Anne Wilkinson and Mary Abrams
- Cumberland, Lee, Moore counties led by Deidre MacNeil and Kim Brand
- Brunswick, New Hanover counties led by Johanna Colburn Hamilton
- Currituck, Dare counties led by Robbie and Pam Fearn
Don’t see your county in this list? Reach out to Kim Brand at email@example.com.
3. Register here for REQUIRED Advocacy Day Preparation Webinar May 23. Everyone must register and attend live or watch the recording.
4. Review Advocacy Day resources. Kickoff webinar recording, talking points, issue background materials, FAQs.
5. Meet with lawmakers on Advocacy Day: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 in Raleigh (residents of the Piedmont, Sandhills, and Coastal Plain regions) or on Zoom (residents of the Mountain region). Keep your calendar open from 8 to 5 on June 8 because lawmakers often don't commit to meeting times until the week of Advocacy Day.
Questions? Reach out to Kim Brand at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local delegation leader.
How you can help, right now
Sign Up For Our eNewsletter
Keep up-to-date on all that happens with Audubon North Carolina's research, events and volunteer opportunities.