Registering for "Migration in the Mountains" is as easy as 1-2-3
- READ the program: This page details the many Summit 2018 field trips and other fun gatherings offered throughout the weekend. Field trips are first-come, first-served and will be taken off of the registration site when filled.
- REGISTER for the weekend: Registration is OPEN! When you register for the weekend, you must also select a zero-cost ticket for your preferred field trips. Total cost is $130. Single day tickets are not available but there is a $65 option to attend our banquet and receptions only. Elisha Mitchell Audubon Society members receive a $25 discount.
- BOOK YOUR ROOM or other accommodation: We have a special rate at the Crowne Plaza Resort ($159/night is available through Aug. 15 at midnight). More details are on our hotel page here.
Utilize our full Summit "SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE" tool to see all your options for participation this weekend.
Utilize our "REGISTRATION PLANNER TOOL" to map out your specific schedule.
- A Friday night reception "Birds, Brews, and Bluegrass in the River Arts District" hosted by Elisha Mitchell Audubon Society.
- Daily field trips to the Blue Ridge Mountains and Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary
- A Saturday night banquet and keynote speech by David Ringer, chief network officer of the National Audubon Society
"Migration in the Mountains" is ECO-FRIENDLY
No single-use plastic water bottles at this event! Diamond Brand Outdoors is generously donating sturdy, reusable Nalgene water bottles for all registrants. Each water bottle has a bird on it!
We’ll minimize paper at this event, too – once you register, you’ll get an email confirmation with your schedule including the field trips you selected. We’ll send your personalized schedule to you again a few days before the meeting so you can save it on your phone, or print it if you prefer. To reduce the Summit’s environmental impact, we won’t provide printed personalized schedules at the event.
The Crowne Plaza Resort serves Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee.