Registering for "Migration in the Mountains" is as easy as 1-2-3
- READ the program: This page details the many Summit 2018 field trips, educational sessions and other fun gatherings offered throughout the weekend. Field trips are first-come, first-served and will be taken off of the registration site when filled.
- REGISTER for the weekend: Registration will open on June 7 via Eventbrite. When you register for the weekend, you will also be asked to choose your preferred field trips. Total cost is $105 "Early Bird" (by Aug. 15 at midnight), $115 regular registration. Single day tickets are not available. Elisha Mitchell Audubon Society members receive a $25 discount.
- BOOK YOUR ROOM or other accomodation: We have a special rate at the Crowne Plaza Resort ($159/night is available through Aug. 15 at midnight). More details are on our hotel page here.
- A Friday night reception "Birds, Brews, and Bluegrass in the River Arts District" hosted by Elisha Mitchell Audubon Society.
- Daily field trips to the Blue Ridge Mountains and Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary
- A keynote speech by David Ringer, Chief Network Officer of the National Audubon Society
"Migration in the Mountains" is ECO-FRIENDLY
No single-use plastic water bottles at this event! Diamond Brand Outdoors is generously donating sturdy, reusable Nalgene water bottles for all registrants. Each water bottle has a bird on it!
We’ll minimize paper at this event, too – once you register, you’ll get an email confirmation with your schedule including the field trips you selected. We’ll send your personalized schedule to you again a few days before the meeting so you can save it on your phone, or print it if you prefer. To reduce the Summit’s environmental impact, we won’t provide printed personalized schedules at the event.
The Crowne Plaza Resort serves Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee.