On Early-Bird Advocacy Day—Wednesday, February 10, 2021—Audubon members from across the state will meet with legislators via Zoom to discuss our top priorities for birds and the places they need. If you haven't registered yet, you can register today! Then sign up for preparation webinars using the information below.
You don't need to be an expert to speak up for birds at Advocacy Day! We will offer webinar trainings and talking points in advance. Whether you're a seasoned advocate or meeting with elected officials for the first time, we're delighted to have you join the flock.
Time commitment: In order to feel well-prepared for Early-Bird Advocacy Day, you'll need to watch the Jan. 21 Preview webinar (we'll share a link to the recording in case you can't attend live), attend the Feb. 1 Preparation webinar live, and block off the entire day – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – on Feb. 10 to accommodate lawmakers' constantly shifting schedules. Most advocates also spend some time reading about our issues on their own. We'll share all the materials you need to get up to speed.
Registration info for the prepration webinars:
- Webinar 1: Early-Bird Advocacy Day Issues Preview
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET
- Get a preview of Audubon North Carolina's top issues for the 2021 legislative session. This webinar is required watching for all advocates planning to participate in our Feb. 10 Early-Bird Advocacy Day. After you register, you will receive an email with your unique Zoom link to join the webinar.
- Regsiter here!
- Webinar 2: Early-Bird Advocacy Day Preparation
- Monday, February 1, 2021 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET
- Learn what to expect on Advocacy Day and how to prepare. You’ll get to talk with other advocates in your area and make a plan for who will do what during lawmaker meetings on Early-Bird Advocacy Day. Please plan to attend this webinar live. Advocates tell us over and over again how important it is to plan ahead with their group so everyone knows who will speak first, who will bring up each issue, who will take notes, etc. This is your best opportunity to meet everyone in your group ahead of Feb. 10. After you register, you will receive an email with your unique Zoom link to join the webinar.
- Register here!